Overview of SelfChill solar cooling solutions and field experiences from “PV Cool Kenya”
The SelfChill team has conducted a webinar on November 10th, 2021, 09:00-10:30 CET
As soon as further webinars are planned, the information will be published on the SelfChill-Website.
SelfChill is a concept for modular cooling solutions powered by solar. As core components SelfChill Cooling Units are used for the construction of a wide variety of cooling systems. An ice storage stores the energy and compensates fluctuations. The SelfChill concept enables local manufacturers, installers, entrepreneurs to construct cooling systems such as medium-scale cold rooms, milk coolers or ice makers locally and adapt the systems according to the needs of the final end-users.
The SelfChill team has installed four different solar cooling system configurations in rural Kenya for cooling fish, milk and herbs. Furthermore local technicians have been trained in the assembly and installation.
Get an insight into the technology and the experiences from the field in Kenya!
• Introduction to SelfChill concept: Modular cooling solutions powered by solar
• Overview of system configurations for milk cooling, ice production and cold rooms
• Experiences from technical training and local assembly at Strathmore Energy Research Centre Nairobi
• Kenyan farmers report about their experiences with the technology
• Q & A session with solar cooling experts
Wednesday, 10th November 2021
9:00-10:30am German time (CET), 11.00am-12:30pm, Kenya time (EAT)