Keep it fresh, keep it profitable
Nearly 40 percent of the workforce is employed in agriculture. Especially in rural areas where agriculture is present and electricity is rarely available, many smallholder farmers face post-harvest losses due to lack of refrigeration. SelfChill together with farmers and food traders aims to implement innovative solar-driven cold rooms to store fruits and vegetables along the supply chain.
- Implementation of SelfChill cold rooms for testing with farmers and food traders
- Workshops to analyze agricultural value chains and the potential of cooling systems
- Technical training for the construction and installation of solar-powered cold rooms
- Implementation of financing schemes for end-users
- Promotion and awareness building measures
The project is co-financed by DEG Impulse from public funds of the German Federal Ministriy for Economic Cooperation and Development.
Questions? You want to take part in our project?
Fill out our contact detail form and we get in touch with you!Click Here